Thursday, August 11, 2011

Apple Cupcakes




Our church was hosting Vacation Bible School (VBS) this week and the theme was "The Big Apple."  Tomorrow night we are having a big BBQ and presentation of the week.  I was planning on bringing these cupcakes for the BBQ.  Unfortunately, I totally chopped off the top of my finger so I chose to bring something easy, such as chips, but I still made 4 cupcakes and took pictures of them.  Since I had baked all the cupcakes already I made a few apple ones for my kids.  I looked on-line and got ideas since there were a lot of different types of apple cupcake ideas.  Things you need: a basic white cake mix (or golden), red icing (green if you are making green apples), pretzel sticks, licorice straw ropes and gummy worms.  I used a small piece of the pretzel for the apple stem, I sliced the licorice for the leaf, I took a fork and took a 'bite' out of the apple and then just placed a worm in it, for fun!  A fun little cupcake, the idea was great for the theme of VBS but with the pain in my finger I just did not want to make 36 of them!  I also think this would be a fun food to make for an April Fool's Day party!

Diane

2 comments:

  1. Very cute! Sorry about the finger :( We are bringing chips and watermelon because you know...I'm not baking :p

    ReplyDelete