Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Hot Dog Octopus on Green Spaghetti Seaweed

Octopus on a Bed of Seaweed Noodles

This was our fun dinner last night.  We had some thawed hot dogs in the fridge so I came up with something other than your basic hot dog.  I saw a modified version of this meal in a recipe book a few months ago.  The noodles are your basic spaghetti noodle (I used whole wheat noodles since that is all we ever eat) snapped in half and cooked in green food colouring water.  I just added some butter and garlic spread which is what my kids like.  For the octopus, I cut the bottom 3/4ths of the wiener into 8 slits before putting it in the water.  As it cooks they naturally curl up.  I just put some dots of ketchup on it to represent eyes.  I did serve slivers of peppers too, my kid called them fish:)  My kids loved it!
The Pot of Noodles


My Son

My Daughter

Diane

No comments:

Post a Comment