Saturday, September 17, 2011

Apple Rice Krispie Treats

My Green Granny Smith apple and my Red Delicious apple
It is that time again... fall!  It is also time for me to make fun treats for my kid's classrooms.  Since it is almost the first day of fall I tried making two different apple themed snacks to make.  This was my first idea... apple shaped rice krispie treats.  You just make a basic krispie treat and add some food colouring to make 'granny smith' apples or 'red delicious' apples.  I was fortunate enough to find Christmas marshmallows to help with the colour.  After you make the treats, spray your hands with olive oil or non-stick spray and roll them into balls.  After the balls are made I just topped it off with a bit of pretzel for the stem, a slice of a licorice straw for the leaf and a gummy worm, just for fun!

Diane

No comments:

Post a Comment