Saturday, April 2, 2011

Zhu Zhu Pet Rice Krispie Treats


When I ordered the 3-D cake pan to make the Zhu Zhu pet cake it came with a tray of mini eggs..... the perfect size for a little Zhu Zhu pet rice krispie snack.  Who doesn't love rice krispie treats??????  I am not going to tell you how to make rice krispie treats but I do suggest that you increase the amount of marshmallows that a lot of recipes say, the 'gooier' the better:)  For my krispie treats I added pink food colouring since I was making Snowcup but you could add any colour food colouring to make any of the Zhu Zhu's.  All you do is make the krispie treats and place some of the treats in each of the 'eggs'.  It is perfect size for the Zhu Zhu body.  I did spray the tray before putting the treats in because I did not want them to stick.  After you have the little bodies formed just add the face.  For the white 'mask' I used melted white chocolate and then put on a bright pink paper candy for the nose.  The eyes are mini M & M's and the ears were yogurt covered raisins (cut in half) that were 'glued' on with chocolate.  Another simple, yet cute, snack!  You could add more details like feet and tail if you want but I decided not to add those details on these treats.

Diane

No comments:

Post a Comment