Saturday, April 2, 2011

Pirate Cake Pops

The original pirate cake pop with the added details of the earring and edible marker

I love an opportunity to try to make a new cake pop.  So many of the ideas are already out there in cyber space but I could not find an idea for a pirate cake pop.  I looked at a few cartoon pirates and decided to give 'er a go!  I think they turned out great.  I just did the basic ball shape for the head and I dipped it in white almond bark for the skin colour.  I figure white was a good colour for their skin, it makes them look a little 'ghostly.'  I promptly added a white Mike & Ike cut in half for the ear, the white end of a candy corn for the nose and a mini jawbreaker for the 'good' eye.  I let the almond bark dry and then dipped the top part of the head in red candy melts to make it look like a bandanna.  I had cut small bits of licorice string and added them to make it look like the tie on a bandanna and black circle cake confetti for the patch.  For my trial cake pop I also added a yellow bit of circular licorice to the ear for an earring and I used edible markers for the eye ball and mouth.  When I made 22 for the party treats I was starting to get frustrated and I did not add the extra details but... it still looks like a pirate!  All in all, it was a successful cake pop that was an original idea for me!

The party cake pop with a few less details
The whole crew of them ready for the party


Diane

No comments:

Post a Comment