Sunday, April 3, 2011

Pirate Flag Cake Pops

Pirate Flag Cake Pop

These cake pops were an experiment that worked ok, but more difficult than your basic round cake pop.  Instead of rolling into balls before dipping in chocolate, I rolled out the cake dough mixture and cut out rectangular shapes.  I also used popsicle sticks instead of round lollipop sticks.  Fortunately, I still had some leftover skull and crossbone candy from Halloween to make the flag design.  If you do not have these candies, I am not sure what you would use for the flag.  I was trying to rack my brain to figure it out but I just could not come up with anything.  I also wanted the chocolate to be black and I added a lot of black gel food colouring but there was no changing it... you would have to use black candy melts if you want black because the chocolate was staying brown!  I had a lot of casualties as I was making these.  If I ever do 'flat' cake pops again I will make them thicker and smaller.  They just kept breaking off of the sticks and it was getting frustrating at times.  I was happy with the end result but it was an arduous process to get there. 

Another version
The Whole Lot of Them


Diane

No comments:

Post a Comment