Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Rice Krispie Spiders

Rice Krispie Spider Treat
If you look on-line you can find a lot of different Rice Krispie spider treats so I decided to add to the list of options.  Make your basic krispie treat but I made them with chocolate marshmallows and then I roll it into balls and then flattened them a bit.  Remember to spray your hands with cooking spray otherwise it is a sticky mess.  I then added 8 pieces of shoestring licorice for each leg.  Add the legs while it is still warm because then they slip into place really easily.  For the eyes, I cut small pieces of thicker black licorice and used melted chocolate to 'glue' mini m & m's onto the top.  I let the chocolate harden and then pushed them into the Krispie.  There, now you have a 'furry' brown spider with bulging eyes.
A Plate Full of Spiders

The Eyes!

Diane

No comments:

Post a Comment