Saturday, October 22, 2011

Pumpkin Patch Cake

Pumpkin Patch Cake
A few weeks ago I bought these huge pumpkin marshmallows and I still have a lot leftover so I wanted to come up with something else 'fun' to make with the kids!  On the back of the package it had a suggestion to make a pumpkin patch brownie so I changed it up to make it my own.  While the cake was baking I piped the green candy melt vines and brown chocolate stem onto the pumpkins.  I also piped separate vines and leaves which I used for more decorations.  I let these things harden so that they were ready to put on the cake for added touches of decorations.  I started with a basic cake (yes, I use cakes from a box) and I put brown coloured icing on the entire cake.  Next step was to sprinkle on the crushed mint OREOs, which my kids loved to crush!  I then added the piped vines and pumpkins and the pumpkin patch cake is complete.  A super cake idea for autumn or Halloween!
Crushed Mint OREOs for our dirt!

Green Candy Melts Piped into Leaf and Vine Shapes

Piped Vine and Chocolate Stem

Close Up of One of the Pumpkins

Diane

No comments:

Post a Comment