Sunday, October 23, 2011

Crescent Roll Bat Hot Dog

Bat Hot Dog, Black Noodles and Some Carrots to Add Something Healthy
Thanks to my hubby I came up with these 'way too cool' bat hot dogs.  He told me to try to make it for lunch for the kids today so this is what I came up with.  First I cut hot dogs in half and boiled them in water coloured with black food colouring.  While they were cooking I placed 2 crescent roll doughs out for each bat and I cut the scalloped edges to represent the bat wings.  For the next step, I mixed some grated mozzarella cheese with black food colouring and sprinkled the dough with the cheese.  The last step before cooking it was to place the hot dog, representing the bat body, on the seam of the 2 crescent rolls.  Bake as directed and Voila... Bat Hot Dog.  I then also made some Annie's White Cheddar noodles but to make the noodles black I just boiled them in the same water that I had used for the hotdogs and then for something healthy I added some carrots... orange - another Halloween colour.  The kids were quite pleased with their lunch, of course!
The Bat Wings with the Scalloped Cut Out

A Little Blurry - Hot Dog Bat Bodies

Black Mozzarella Cheese

Ready for the Oven

The Finished Product!

Diane

No comments:

Post a Comment