Sunday, September 18, 2011

LEGO Block Birthday Cake

My Son's 6th Birthday Party LEGO Block Cake

This was my son's LEGO birthday cake for his birthday party with his friends.  It was pretty simple to make... I used 2 cake mixes and I made 1 rectangle cake and 2 loaf pan cakes (I had one leftover loaf pan cake).  I took the rectangle cake and just iced it with 2 different colours and then I used one more additional colour for the top block.  I made this cake over a year ago before I had gel colours for icing so the icing is more pastel than what I would have wanted but it worked for then.  The knobs for the LEGO were just marshmallows cut in half and I iced them to match.  My hubby was the one that then added the LEGO figures on top, he had fun with that..... he just took LEGO from my sons collection!  It was a hit with him and all his friends!

Diane

No comments:

Post a Comment