Sunday, September 18, 2011

Leaf Shaped Cake Balls

Chocolate Covered Leaf Cake Ball



 This is what I made for the first day of fall for my son's class last year.  The end product was kind of messy but they still tasted great, according to his teacher!  I made strawberry cake ball mix and instead of rolling them into a ball, I used rolled out the batter like cookie dough and used my leaf cookie cutter.  I then put them in the freezer to get them really cold and dipped them in melted chocolate.  I just used my fingers to dip them, which was one of the biggest problems, everything started to melt and it made a bit of a mess.  After I dipped the leaves, I sprinkled them with orange sugar to represent the changing colours of leaves!

The Leaf Cut-Outs Before Dipped in Chocolate!

The Whole Batch... I Had to "Trim" Them to Make Them Neater
Diane

No comments:

Post a Comment