Saturday, May 28, 2011

Star Shaped Switch Colour Cookies for Memorial Day and/or 4th of July

The final product!

I am sure this idea is not that original but I thought of it tonight after I made all my other cookies this morning so I decided to make them and bring them to church tomorrow!  Instead of making the stained glass cookies, I just made 2 colours of dough and swapped the inner star shape.  After you swap the star shapes you just cook as usual and you have a colourful, unique cookie for any holiday depending on the shape of cutter that you use!  I tried to make them a bit different and changed where I cut the star shape out just to see how different they would end up looking!
The large star cut outs

Cut out a small star from the middle

Swap the middles so they are in opposite coloured cookies

Swapped the whole tray


The red with blue insert

The blue with red insert











Diane

No comments:

Post a Comment