Saturday, May 28, 2011

Star Cookie "Pops" for Memorial Day or 4th of July

All 6 of my differently decorated Star Imprint Lollipop Cookies!

Cookie "pops" are so simple to make but kids like to eat them because they are on a stick.  These cookies are my basic coloured sugar cookie recipe and then I roll the dough into a ball, stick a popsicle stick in it, place on a cookie sheet, press down the middle a bit and bake as usual.  Then, when these cookies were out of the oven I used my small star cookie cutter to make a star imprint in the middle to celebrate the upcoming holidays.  I decided to decorate 'over' the imprint but if I had not used the imprint I would have not been able to make a proper shaped star.  To decorate, I used melted coloured white chocolate as glue, coloured sugars, holly berry candies and white pearls.  I put the cookies in the fridge after each decoration so that the chocolate would harden quicker and the decorations would stay put in their own spot.  Some of them look great, others are a little messy but overall, a great idea!

Imprinted and ready to cool







Diane

No comments:

Post a Comment