Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Marshmallow and Chocolate Butterflies



A "bunch" of chocolate and marshmallow butterflies
 We were making s'mores this weekend and then at our awesome liquidation store, Grocery Outlet, I saw these cute little pink heart marshmallows.   I bought the marshmallows because I knew I could do something with them.  When I came home, I came up with an idea as I looked at the chocolate that was still sitting on our counter - butterflies!  For one of the butterflies I used a Hershey chocolate and for the other four I used 1/4 piece of our World Famous Chocolates that are still leftover from our kid's leftover fundraising chocolate sales!  All I did was take a piece of chocolate, 'paint' melting chocolate along the side of the piece, put the heart marshmallows in place and set in the fridge to harden.  Then, I put 2 chocolate 'blobs' of 'paint' on the top side of the chocolate piece and placed 2 licorice sticks to be an antennae.  I put some eyes on some of them but I think they look better without!
The chocolate!
The heart marshmallows


No eyes
Cake confetti eyes










Non-pareil eyes


Diane

No comments:

Post a Comment