Saturday, June 4, 2011

Butterfly Cookies

4 of the butterfly cookies - 2 with marshmallow wings and 2 with conversation heart wings

I wanted to add another blog post so I just decided to whip up another sugar cookie dough to try to make more butterfly cookies.  I just made drop cookies and put them on the cookie tray, flattened them slightly and then put a 'rod' of  brown coloured cookie in the middle of the dough, which will become the body of the butterfly.  Put the tray in the oven and cook as usual.  Once the cookie has cooled I 'glued' on heart marshmallows and/or conversation heart candies to be the wings and licorice sticks for antennae.  As always, I use melted chocolate as the glue.  I like the cookies with the marshmallow wings better.

Before they went in the oven

All Baked

Close up of one with marshmallow wings

Close up of one with conversation heart wings

Diane

No comments:

Post a Comment