Sunday, April 17, 2011

Rainbow Cupcakes

The inside of the final product!  So pretty!
A pot of gold at the end of a rainbow cupcake:)
 For St Patty's Day I wanted to make a pot of gold for my son's class so I looked on familyfun.com to help me with an idea.  I decided to make rainbow cupcakes and then I just put plain white icing on top with yellow sugar and a chocolate coin = a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow:)  I made one boxed cake and measured it into 6 bowls.  After that I added red, orange, yellow, green, blue and violet food colouring gel into each bowl giving you 6 colours of the rainbow.  I lined the cupcake pan with cupcake liners and I added a spoon of each colour one at a time to the linings.  I added purple first so that I had the purple on the bottom.  With one cake box I got 12 cupcakes.  This process is labour intensive but not difficult and it is so beautiful once they are complete.  After they were cooked and cooled I added the white icing, yellow sugar and chocolate coin.  A great rainbow St Patrick's treat.
ll 6 colours of batter!
The colours coming up!



A side view of a rainbow cupcake!

Diane

No comments:

Post a Comment