Monday, June 13, 2011

Flag Day Star Red/White/Blue Striped Cupcakes

The Inside of my Red/White/Blue Patriotic Cupcake

Tomorrow is flag day and I usually like to make treats for my son's class for special days.  I decided to try a multi-coloured cupcake, like I did for St Patrick's Day.  I just used one box of white cake and divided the batter into three bowls.  I kept one bowl white and added blue and red food colouring to the other two.  I spooned blue batter in first, then white and then red.   Bake as usual.  Once the cupcakes were cooled I just put some white icing on top and then I used my small star cookie cutter to add a design to the top of each cupcake.  I tried 2 different designs: 1) a red one with spray colour and 2) a blue sugar star.   The blue sugar worked out better so that is what I made for his whole class and I used the red star as my 'demo' for the pictures!  A perfect cupcake for Memorial Day, Flag Day (June 14th) or 4th of July!
The 3 Colours of Batter

You Can See the 3 Colours

The Top Red Star


The Whole Batch of Blue Stars for the Class!

Diane

No comments:

Post a Comment