Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Cinco De Mayo Tostado Cookies

Cinco De Mayo Tostado cookie

For my son's class I wanted to make a 'fun' cookie for Cinco De Mayo.  I looked online and found ideas for a sombrero cookie but I wanted to try something different so I decided to make a 'tostado' cookie.  It is a basic sugar cookie to represent the shell, chocolate covered raisins for the ground beef, cut up round sour cherry candy for tomatoes and green spaghetti licorice candy cut into small bits to be the shredded lettuce.  I was going to 'shred' almond bark to be cheese but I decided against it because it would not stick to the rest of the cookie.  I made my own chocolate covered raisins because then I could put the 'tomatoes' and 'lettuce' on right away so that when the chocolate hardened it worked as glue for all the cookie parts.  Kind of fun and unique!


Shredded Lettuce and Cut up Tomatoes
 
A bunch of my cookies all ready for the class to eat!
Diane

No comments:

Post a Comment