Sunday, April 24, 2011

Zhu Zhu Pet Cake

Zhu Zhu Pet cake!

For my daughter's birthday I ended up making 2 cakes... 1 for her birthday party and one for her actual birthday.  This cake was great to make ahead because we were so busy the few days before her birthday.  I made the zhu zhu decoration ahead of time and just stored it in a ziploc.  To make the zhu zhu decoration I printed out a zhu zhu pet that I liked, put wax paper overtop (or any other 'paper' that is see through and candy melts will not stick to), paint candy melts on the picture, let harden and then store in ziploc.  Since you flip the picture to put it on the cake, you need to remember that you will end up with a mirror image of the original picture! When I was ready I just made a circular cake, iced it and then put on the zhu zhu decoration.  It is my friend Michelle of easycakeideas.com that helped me learn how to make pictures out of candy melts and/or chocolate.  So easy but you can make amazing pictures for your cakes!


The original picture
Black, dark pink and white candy melts painted on


Covered in light pink candy melts
The final product


You end up with a mirrored image, just place on top of iced cake!
Diane

No comments:

Post a Comment