Sunday, April 24, 2011

Bunny Pancakes

Bunny pancake with blueberry eyes and saltwater taffy whiskers!

So today is Easter - Hallelujah, He is Risen... He is Risen indeed!  We would normally have a big dinner but instead, we are a household of sickies, well, I am the sick one which means I do not want to cook today and since we were just with our family, I let the kids choose.  They chose blueberry pancakes.  I had to take this opportunity to make at least one bunny pancake so that I could have something to add to my blog.  I did make the pancakes purple, which is kind of hard to see.  I first placed a blueberry on the pan for each eye and the nose and then I cut banana saltwater taffy into strips and placed them around the nose for their whiskers.  I then just made a circle for the head and added some ears.  The saltwater taffy totally melted and they made indents into the pancakes.  I ended up making 2 bunnies, one for each of my munchkins!  Super easy and very cute!

Diane

No comments:

Post a Comment