Thursday, April 7, 2011

Fairy Wand Star Cake Pops

Chocolate Star Cake Pop
White Star Cake Pop










I am part of a group called "Operation Fairy Godmother (OFG)" in my small Western Washington town.  OFG is a group of woman who have gotten together to provide a prom 'experience' for girls who would otherwise not be able to go.  We have dresses, shoes, clutches, jewelry, hair, make-up, undergarments and encouragement and love to provide for all girls who have applied.  This Saturday is our shopping day.  This means that the girls participating in our prom experience get to choose their dresses and everything else this weekend.... I am in charge of hospitality.  I wanted to make 'fairy wands' for the girls so I made white and chocolate star cake pops.  I just rolled out the dough and I used a small star cookie cutter to make the shape, dipped them in chocolate and then sprinkled them with a little fairy dust (aka coloured sugar).

All the Cake 'WANDS'


Diane

2 comments:

  1. So this is like cake ball dough? It rolls out?

    ReplyDelete
  2. yup, but harder to keep on sticks...it likes to tip off the stick. you need to keep it quite thick, i should have kept it thicker

    ReplyDelete