Sunday, April 10, 2011

Chicken Nest Easter Treat



Peep sitting on jelly eggs and the chow mein/chocolate nest
I have not looked on-line for this idea but I am sure there are pictures of snacks a lot like this but I still wanted to try and create something fun for Easter/Spring.  Super easy to make.  When my daughter saw it she said, "That is so cute."  Melt some chocolate and mix some chow mein noodles in it.  You could use crushed pretzels and coconut instead of chow mein, I am sure!  'Blob' it on parchment paper and I then put it in the fridge to set it quicker.  After that all you do is place some type of egg shaped candy (I used jelly bean eggs) and top it off with a Peep.  You could also make your own bird marshmallows but I can buy these at the Dollar Tree so it ends up being cheaper and easier.  Cute, simple and a yummy sugar rush for the kids!

Diane
The chow mein/chocolate nest


Jelly eggs on the nest

No comments:

Post a Comment