Thursday, April 21, 2011

Earth Day Cupcakes

Earth Day cupcake topped with a little happy sunshine!


I can't take full credit for these cupcakes.  A friend of mine, who is very crafty with cupcakes, made these earth cupcakes for church for Earth Day and I asked her if I could copy the idea.  She gave me the go ahead.  Hers were the two toned cupcake, with the fluffy icing clouds and star cake confetti.  I added the sunshine to differ mine from hers.  I used a golden cake mix because that is all I had in the house but a white cake mix would have been better.   First you make the batter and then put it in 2 bowls and add green and blue food colouring.  I then used a spoon and alternated putting some batter in the cupcake liners.  Baked it.  Iced it with clouds.  Put a few stars on each cake and then put on my assembled sunshine.  The sunshine is just a banana saltwater taffy with pretzel halves dipped in a bit a chocolate to help 'glue' them in.  You do need to twist the pretzels a bit to help secure them to the taffy.  I then added a smiley face with my food markers..... just for fun!  A perfect earth day treat!
Ready to go in the oven
Green and blue batter



Saltwater taffy happy sunshine
Fluffy icing clouds and stars


Diane

No comments:

Post a Comment