Friday, July 8, 2011

Swimming Pool Birthday Cake

My Son's Swimming Pool Birthday Cake

This is the cake I made for my son's 7th birthday party.  The slide is made with pretzels (used melted chocolate for glue) and a Fruit by the Foot.  For the signs I just 'painted' white melted chocolate on parchment paper and I used a small bit of Fruit by the Foot for the 'string' to hold up the sign and then coloured melted chocolate for the words.  I added texture to the 'water' and I sprayed it with blue food colouring.  I am not very good at making cakes but I try and my son loves it.

Teddy Grahams, Watermelon Rings, No Lifeguard Sign

White Chocolate Sign with a Fruit by the Foot Hanger

Slide made from Pretzels and Fruit by the Foot

Diane

1 comment:

  1. So cute! I just want to eat those cookies on the outside, I love that kind!

    ReplyDelete