Thursday, June 9, 2011

Spiral Flower Cookies

A "Garden" of Mike and Ike Spiral Flower Cookies!

Once again I just made some sugar cookies and decorated them.  These ones are to sell for snacks at my kid's recital for their gymnastics and karate club Power and Grace, in our small little town in Washington!  I melted some chocolate, put it in a Ziploc, cut the corner off and "piped" a spiral of chocolate onto the cookie.  The chocolate has 2 purposes.... 1) for decoration and 2) for 'glue' for the candy.  After I piped on the chocolate I put a mini jawbreaker in the middle to represent the middle of the flower and Mike & Ike candies for the petals of the flower.  Overall, a cute little treat to help make money for our gymnastics club!

A Close Up of an Orange Flower

Diane

No comments:

Post a Comment