Sunday, June 19, 2011

Chocolate Leaves

Chocolate Leaves

My mother-in-law bought me a really nice brand of melting chocolate and on the back of the box it had instructions for how to make chocolate leaves.  I went to my little garden and picked strawberry leaves, since they have a nice imprint on them, and painted them with chocolate.  After you paint them, put them in the fridge and then carefully remove the leaf from the chocolate once it is hard - Voila...chocolate leaves.  You can pick any leaf that you like, paint the chocolate on the side with the most prominant vein pattern and you can re-use the leaves, since the chocolate does not stick the leaf!  I am sure you could find more items to imprint chocolate or serve chocolate covered mint leaves:)

The Strawberry Leaves I picked

Painted with Chocolate, before they went in the Fridge

A Close Up


Diane

No comments:

Post a Comment