Sunday, May 22, 2011

Memorial Day or 4th of July Meringues/Cookies

All 4 of the meringues - tried a variety of designs, just for fun!

I was procrastinating last night so I decided to come up with another treat so I could add another posting to my blog.  As I was talking with my hubby, I realized that Memorial Day and 4th of July snacks really are interchangeable so I decided to make a stars/stripes snack in honour of Memorial Day and the 4th of July!  I made my coconut meringues again, since both my hubby and my kids like them.  I used my coloured sugar to sprinkle either stripes or stars on the meringues before they went in the oven.  To get the sugar star I just used a small star shaped cookie cutter - super easy to do, as long as you have the coloured sugar.  You could do this with any type of cookie, I might have to try it with sugar cookies soon (and of course, if I do, I will post pictures).  These would look better if my blue sugar was a royal blue, as opposed to the light blue, but it is what I have so it will have to do!
Blue Star
Red and Blue Stripes









Stripes again!
Red Star













Diane

No comments:

Post a Comment