Sunday, May 15, 2011

Graduation Cap Cake Pops

Graduation Cap Cake Pop

I had some leftover dough from making cake pops for a fundraiser I was involved in so I decided to try out some different cake pops and take some pictures.  I went through my pantry and found some Ghirardelli squares of chocolate and went on-line and came up with my graduation cap cake pops.  I did not shape the pops into a ball, instead they are a cylinder.  I put the stick into the pop as usual and then put the chocolate square on top, but put it on upside down so the lettering on the chocolate is not on top of the pop.  If you look at the pics you will notice that I have three different flavours of the squares since that is all I had in the house.  The middle section are peppermint bark and actually have some white chocolate on them also.  Then for the tassel I used some mini jawbreakers (I would have used yellow but I only had one left so I used orange) and banana saltwater taffy rolled out and cut into strips.  Not perfect but great for any graduation party or festivity!

Cylinder cake dough for the cap
Before they were decorated
 

Ready for graduation!
Diane

1 comment: